The AIB JumpStart competition is open for entries until Thursday 24th of October. The short list will be announced on Friday 1st November.
The prize for the winning company worth €25,000 will include (along with seed capital of €2,500):
• An incubation space of 23sqm for twelve months
• Included in this space will be desks and chairs for two people
• Electricity and heating bills for their office covered for one year
• Free wireless access within the building and their office
• Free use of the boardroom for meetings and events during the year
• €7,500 worth of mentoring
• An ‘Integration Support Package’ from PayPal
• Brand identity and design business start-up package from KR Management & Design
• Design and build of a brochure style website for the business
• Half day SEO consultation with Superior Internet Marketing
• Half day social media consultation, supplied by Razorcoast
• Public Relation services for one full day from Aspire PR
• Meeting with Enterprise Ireland to identify options for Enterprise Ireland support.
Interested applicants must meet set criteria:
• The business must be technology or knowledge based – competitive advantage could be due to the existence of intellectual property.
• There is an intent to export if they are not already exporting
• The business plan includes substantial growth strengthening the economic impact of the business within the region
• The applicant must be in business for less than two years
Shortlisted entrants will present their ideas to some of Ireland’s best known entrepreneurs, Bobby Kerr; Louise Phelan, VP, Global Operations EMEA, PayPal; John Farragher, regional manager, Business Banking, Allied Irish Bank; Oisin Geoghegan, CEO Fingal County Enterprise Board and Declan Lyons, technology infrastructure programme manager, Enterprise Ireland.
Application forms can be downloaded from www.thelinc.ie/AIBJumpStart and returned by 4pm on Thursday 24th of October.