Alex Gibson is the organiser and host of Ireland’s first conference on Augmented Reality (AR).
The event, to be held at The Guinness Storehouse on April 15, is aimed at marketers, advertisers, brand owners, app developers and designers who would like to know more about AR.
Experts from The US, UK, The Netherlands, France and Ireland will explain and “demystify this fast-growing aspect of digital marketing”.
“Augmented reality is finally gaining wide adoption as a brand engagement tool. While there are a number of conferences on the topic of augmented reality, they have typically had a developer-led origin,” says Gibson.
“This conference is different. It seeks to show how augmented reality can be applied in a wide number of marketing contexts; as a selling tool, as a point-of-sale tool, as a way to animate direct mail activity, and of course to build exceptional brand experiences.”
Attendees will not just learn about the theory of AR and its practical implementation, they will also get to wear devices and explore some interactive applications.
* John Boyle – digital director, Ogilivy & Mather, Ireland
* Jess Butcher – founder, Blippar, UK
* Jeff Coghlan – managing director, Matmi, UK
* James Dearsley – founder, The Digital Marketing Bureau, UK
* Mathijs Gajentaan – COO, TWNKLS, The Netherlands
* Mike Halstead – managing director, m2end, UK
* Andrew Jenkinson – The vStream Group, Ireland
* Dave Lorenzini – founder, Glassware Foundry (Google Glass), USA
* Brian Mullins – Daqri, Los Angeles, USA
* Thomas Perpere – Diotasoft SAS, France
* Ferry Piekart – Independent AR consultant, The Netherlands
* Sharon Walsh – marketing director, Heineken, Ireland
Tickets can be booked here.