HeyStaks Technologies, the Irish collaborative search start-up, has announced the launch of the HeyStaks API (HAPI) developer programme on the opening day of the Dublin Web Summit.
HAPI allows third party developers build their own custom search applications using the HeyStaks platform.
“Our aim is to make ‘every search, everywhere’ more collaborative and the best way to achieve that is by letting others incorporate our technology into their own products, web sites and apps”, says Dr Maurice Coyle, CEO, HeyStaks.
“HeyStaks can deliver search results that are up to 60% more relevant than those returned by Google or other search services because it harnesses the search expertise of trusted searchers on topics that matter to you, and we have focused on bringing these benefits to a variety of domains from eCommerce and mobile search to elearning.” says Coyle.
HeyStaks, based at NovaUCD, the Centre for New Ventures and Entrepreneurs, has also formally announced that it raised €800,000 in venture capital funding earlier this year. The funding round was led by The Ulster Bank Diageo Venture Fund, managed by Investec Ventures, with additional funding being provided by Enterprise Ireland and the AIB Seed Capital Fund, managed by the Dublin Business Innovation Centre (DBIC). The Ulster Bank Diageo Venture Fund previously invested €1 million in the company in 2010.
What does HAPI do? Well, it says it can:
● add result recommendations from people you trust on topics that matter to your own interests;
● help searchers to find what they’re looking for, faster, by sharing in the previous search efforts of others;
● increase conversions and revenues by making sure the listings that customers are most likely to buy appear at the top of result lists;
● help site owners and developers understand their users & customers better, both in terms of individual preferences and at a community level so that they can provide a better, more personalized experience;
● increase user engagement and retention by helping people to navigate to interesting content and products more quickly, and fostering a sense of community.
HeyStaks will be showcasing HAPI at the Dublin Web Summit as part of the STARTGlobal event which runs parallel to the Summit in the RDS, Dublin.