The official Twitter app for iPhone has received another lick of paint. The update (Twitter for iPhone 4.3) has a number of new features and claims to have fixed a few bugs in the older app. So, should you update? The short answer is yes, and here’s why.
According to Twitter, Twitter for iPhone 4.3 includes:
• Expanded Tweets – when you view Tweet details containing links to partner websites, you can now see content previews, view images, play videos, and more (rolling out gradually)
• Enhanced experience around selected events with the best Tweets and photos from those involved
• Push notifications for Tweets – choose to receive notifications from people you follow any time they tweet or re-tweet
• Ambient notifications – enables you to see brief non-interruptive notifications in the status bar while you’re using the app
• Improvements to search auto-complete for users
• Discover – now indicates when new stories are available for you to view
• Tappable avatars take you directly to user profiles
• Performance improvements
• Support for password entry in app when experiencing authentication issues
• Support for the Hungarian language (hooray!)
• Icon (image at right) features the new Twitter bird
Here at DT, we think the update is pretty damn good. Highly recommended.