Since Microsoft has opened Kinect up to developers an amazing raft of applications have been conceived and developed.
The eleven finalists are:
• Freak’n Genius lets anyone animate using Kinect.
• GestSure Technologies brings gestural, touchless interfaces into the operating room.
• Ikkos uses algorithms to teach movements.
• Jintronix uses Kinect and 3D gaming to improve rehabilitative therapies.
• Kimetric is in stealth mode.
• Manctl made a cheap 3D scanner using Kinect.
• Nconnex is using the Kinect to rethink healthcare, e-commerce, and education. One of the products lets you try furniture before you buy it.
• Styku wants to reinvent how you shop online by giving you an avatar that lets you ‘try on’ clothes before you buy it.
• Ubi can turn any display into a 3D touch-screen.
• Voxon wants to democratisde 3D tech by letting artists, filmmakers, and game designers dabble in 3D more freely.
• Zebare is in stealth mode.