Nine start-ups from the technology, food, medical, sports and retail sectors will pitch to panel of judges this weekend for a prize worth €60,000.
The winner’s package will include telephony services (Blueface), mobile handsets and tablets (Carphone Warehouse), advertising (Newstalk 106-108FM), public relations (Heneghan PR), accountancy advice (Gorman Quigley Penrose) and legal advice.
Guest judges Constantin Gurdgiev and Brian Fallon, of TheJournal.ie and Daft.ie will join Alan Foy, CEO of Blueface; Peter Scott GM of Carphone Warehouse Ireland; Nigel Heneghan, MD of Heneghan PR, David Gorman, managing partner at Gorman Quigley Penrose and David O’Donnell, partner at Mason Hayes & Curran to choose the winner.
The finalists are the winners of qualifying pitching events held at Carphone Warehouse stores around the country since May 2012. The finalists pitching for the top prize are:
- CleverMiles (Drogheda) – a driver monitoring and education system that aims to save lives on the road.
- Ireland’s Raw Kitchen (Galway) – Ireland’s first manufacturer of raw seaweed noodles.
- RigBag (Cork) – online platform for people to buy, sell, or swap, new and second-hand sports equipment.
- Fantasy5live (Kilkenny) – Irish online fantasy sports game.
- New Age Memorials (Limerick) – glassfibre headstone business.
- Oral Eye (Dublin joint winner) – the world’s first online dental check-up service
- MotionFox (Dublin joint winner) – a range of clothes that bridge the gap between safety wear and sportswear.
- Thought Box (Carrick-On-Shannon joint winner) – an educational software provider
- Simply Phone to Photo (Carrick-On-Shannon joint winner) – an iPhone app that allows you to print photo’s directly from your phone.