This is useful. Google recently posted a Google+ hangout dedicated to Google Analytics. If you want to get the most from Google Analytics, study this.
“You’re looking to grow your business, and we offer a ton of tools to help you do just that. But sometimes, you need a little help learning all the options and getting started,” says Google.
What’s interesting is that in the video Google’s Analytics specialist Justin Cutroni says that “hits” stands for “How idiots track success”.
Google also published some good reports on how to capture the value of social media using Google Analytics. Very interesting.
Cutroni also listed some very helpful links:
- Tagging your pages with the Google Analytics code. Remember to tag every page.
- Link your AdWords account to Google Analytics.
- How to track marketing campaigns, like email, display ads, etc.
- Tracking business outcomes (leads, transactions, etc.) with Google Analytics.
- How to delete your Google Analytics account.
- Some information about the EU cookie directive and how you can comply.