Twitter in Ireland
* There are 600,000 daily users of Twitter in Ireland.
* We send, on average, 1 million tweets each day.
* Ireland has the tenth highest number of Twitter users per capita in the world.
* Wednesday is the busiest day on Twitter in Ireland.
* 10-11pm is the busiest hour each day on Twitter in Ireland
* Users are active from 12 midday onwards.
* 27% of the Irish population over the age of 15 uses Twitter.
* 53% of 15-24 year olds use Twitter, 46% of 25–34 year olds use the site.
* Dublin and Cork users post almost half of all Irish tweets.
* 21% of the population over the age of 15 now has a LinkedIn account.
* 14% of the population over the age of 15 now has an Instagram account.
* 43% of 15-24 year olds have a Snapchat account, with half of them using it daily.
* Tumblr receives on avgerage 81,000 uniques, 1.46 million page views per month from Ireland.
* Over a third of the country is not on social network.
Thanks Shane – follow Shane on Twitter here.